Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thank you for calling Indiana Poison Services...

So I made the 1st (but I'm sure not last) phone call to Poison Control today.

See, my 2 ½ year old is in the "me me me me me me" stage. So much so that when it was time for his vitamin and I started to get it out he FREAKED OUT screaming at me, yup, you got it.... "me me me me" so I said "fine! Here ya go" - - so he stood there and turned the lid and turned and turned and turned.

Meanwhile, my 1 year old (who is in the "I'm holding my arms up and you had better pick me up before I meltdown stage" was pulling on me and needed something...

3 minutes (approximately), passed and I heard it. The shake of the container and then silence........ I flew around the corner where he has walked and this is what I see.............

Naked from the waist down, totally relaxed back on the couch eating the multi-vitamins like candy, watching Max & FREAKING Ruby. So I grab the bottle, yell "No! Only One!" then I stupidly ask him "how many did you have? How many did you eat?"  the reply? "two, four, two" (dumbest Mom in the world award for me today....)

So I call my mom (for the 4th time today) knowing they're cringing as the phone rings and probably throwing the handset at each other saying "No! You get it!" and I ask the question of how many do you think he should have consumed before I need to worry?..... My mom asks a few questions, reassures me that he is most likely just fine because I'm guessing that he possibly had 5-6 in that short time. We hang up, and I do a little research online finding the HORROR stories about iron poisoning & then I call my Sister-in-Law who also lives across the street and she says, "just call Poison Control for peace of mind" so I did.

They were so nice! Asked his weight, reassured me that even if he consumed 10 we wouldn't have had to worry. Explained that the gummy vitamins don't have iron and they have gotten calls where kids have eaten 40+ of those!

So of course I felt relieved, and then she says "just so you know the lids are" CHILD RESISTANT, not CHILD PROOF" and as I chuckle and say, yes I see. She asks if I'd like to have a toddler poison brochure mailed out to me?

Lmao! As if! What am I a naive first time mom?..... Oh, wait.

So I said "yes, please"

No comments:

Post a Comment